Kapha Dosha Food
Kapha Dosha is the 3rd Dosha or you can say water element, its mainly situated in the stomach, heart, tongue and brain and is responsible for the connection in joints and bone. Kapha Dosha body type is the largest body types, physically they have wide hips, shoulders, they have good exercise tolerance, thick wavy hair, good physical stamina, they love the warm weather, they walk slowly, and they talk slow, clear and sweet. They have low appetite, sleep abundant and heavy, cool temper, mentally, Kapha types tend to me slow to learn, but they have very good memories. Emotionally, they tend to be very loyal, stable, and reliable person, his sexual desire abundant.
Kapha Dosha is aggravated and increases in the spring of the year. During this season eat less Kapha producing food and follow the below rejuvenate diet chart for the Kapha body type Person.
Type of Kapha Dosha:
Kapha Dosha divided into five types according to the position and function in body.
- Tarpaka Kapha: is mainly in brain and spinal cord, this Kapha protecting the brain and spinal cord providing the nutrition and support.
- Bodhaka Kapha: in tongue gives different taste to us.
- Avalambaka Kapha: is in chest and give support to lung and heart.
- Kledaka kapha: is situated in the stomach and helps the digestion of food.
- Slesaka Kapha: is in the bone joints acts as the lubricant.
Tendency/attribute of Kapha:
All type of Kapha has typical 8 attributes.
1- Oil 2- Heaviness 3-Coldness 4-Smoothness 5-Softness 6-Stability 7-Slowness 8-Sweetness.
Mine Function of the Kapha Dosha:
- Lubrication of the joints
- Stability of the body
- Joining of the joints
- Form or structural shape of the body
- Knowledge and understanding
- All fluid balance of the body
Signs of Increased Kapha:
Whiteness of skin, firmness, heaviness, separation of bone and joints, secretions from the mouth, lethargy, reduced the gastric fire, coughing.
Signs of decreased the Kapha:
Dryness, Internal burning, thirst, giddiness, debility, rapid pulse or heart beats, cramps, body ache, loss of conscious, heat and dehydrations.
Signs of Malfunctioning Kapha or Kapha Out Of Balance:
Coldness, Sluggish digestion, frequently sinus congestation, itching ,Eczema, psoriasis, immobility, heaviness, numbness, Humidity, Excretory secretions, Sweetness in the mouth lethargy, impotency, Excess whiteness in body ,Diabetes, Obesity, High cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, very poor blood circulation , Blockes of artery cause stroke, Myocardial infection (MI) and Ischemic heart diseases, etc.
When Kapha become out of balance you follow the Kapha rejuvenation diet or anti Kapha food and life style. By using of the anti Kapha diet and life style restore imbalance Kapha and keep healthy to you.
In Ayurveda there are two type of treatment to balance the Dosha one is Sodhan /detox treatment other one is Shamna /Suppress the excessive Dosha by using the Ayurvedic medicine and diet.
Under the sodhan /deto treatment to improve circulation, they can do a stimulating dry body massage by anti Kapha herbs, called Urdhavrtnam /Garshana, performed with raw silk gloves – you. This Ayurvedic massage helps get rid of excess water weight and is a natural cure for cellulite. To help boost metabolism, Kapha individuals can use the herbal supplement Guggulu preparation medicine, Kapha tea, Ginger tea. Exercise is also critical to keep Kapha people in balance. If you have a Kapha body type then you have to get up and move to follow the Kapha rejuvenation diet plan.
Kapha Body Type Food Plan:
These guide lines can be uses for the Kapha dominating body-mind type to keep Kapha in balance and also to restore balance if necessary. Kapha Dosha influences the heavy, moist aspect of body.
In General Kapha Body Type:
- The Vegetarian food is good for the Kapha body constitution.
- Eat raw fruits and vegetables.
- Always use warm water.
- Drink in morning warm water with lemon and honey.
- Favor food tastes: stimulating food with Pungent, bitter and astringent taste.
- Pungent: Ginger, mustard, clove, hot spices, radish, chillies, garlic etc.
- Bitter: Green tea, ginger tea, green leafy veggies, Bitter melon, tonic water, fenugreek, turmeric,
- Astringent: Beans, lentils, pomegranate, unripe bananas, apples, cabbage, spinach, cucumber, cranberries, Indian gooseberry (Amla) etc.
- Warm, light, cooked food with low oil and sugar.
- Spices are good for the Kapha body type.
- In breakfast: use fruit and vegetable juices.
- Use herbal tea: Prefer Kapha tea, Ginger tea Green tea, Licorice root tea, Mint tea.
- Try to skip meal once day in week.
- Live in Warm place keep body cover with warm cloth if weather cold.
Use Frequently Food:
Barley, millet, green gram, oats, red gram, lentil, green peas, beans, cheek pea, sesame, mustered and corn.
Garlic, Eggplant, Bottle gourd, sward beans, Drumstick, French beans, All beans, kidney beans, black beans, beet root(uses Less), fenugreek , spring onion, Mint, curry eaves, broccoli, celery, pea, zucchini , green papaya, Lettuce, cabbage, spinach, cucumbers, Asparagus, bittergourd, pumpkin, Most of green leafy vegitables. etc
Water melon, Apple, Pomegranate, Papaya, Chikkoo, Jamun, Cranberries, fig, Guava, Bilv (Wood apple), Mango, pears, dry fruit are good in general such as Fig, resin ,Dates, apricates.etc.
Meats (Non –vegetarian):
Chicken, Shrimp, Turkey, eggs.
Sesame seed oil, Sunflower oil, poppy seed oil, coconut oil, Ground nut oil, but all oil in small amount
Use only Honey
Most of spices are good, asafoetida, Cardamom , Turmeric, Green Coriander, Basil, Cinnamon, Coriander seed, Fennel, saffron, Turmeric, small amounts of Cumin , black pepper, clove, ginger , Bay leaves, thyme ,poppy seed, and liquorices root etc
Use Moderately Food:
Oats, wheat, prefer old rice.
Cucumber, Bitter gourd, green gourd, yam, radish, carrot, tomato, cabbage cauliflower, Ladies finger/ okra, Cluster beans, Capsicum.
Raw mango, mango, banana, black grapes, orange, fig, plum, strawberries, peach, nuts, melons, winter melon, Jackfruit,
Pista, cashew Nuts, Coconuts, Almonds, Walnut, Dates.
Cow milk, goat milk, butter milk, Clarified butter/Ghee.
Goat, Fresh fish, dry fish, prawns.
Avoid the below food:
- Cold food, cold drinks, does not over eat dairy food such as yogurt, ice-cream and cheese even milk.
- Dot eat restaurant food especially oil, salty, sweet and deep fried.
- In general avoid over eating
- Reduce the Sweet, salty, acidic/sour food even in vegetables and fruits.
- Sweet: Almonds, sugar, milk, rice, wheat, large beans, ripe banana etc
- Acidic/Sour: Lemon, yogurt, cheese, tomatoes, sour fruits, pickled fruits, tamarind
- Salty: Salt, seaweed, salted snacks
- Oily, hot, salty and heavy food.
- All processed food and fast food.
- Pickles, yogurt, sour cream and cheese
- Avoid using Vinegar in salad, use lemon juice.
- Alcoholic and fermented foods
- Egg yolks
- Red meat
New Rice, Black gram, Ground nut, Soya beans/Tofu.
Onions, potato, sweet potato, Mushroom, spinach, green chillies, corianders, turnip, ridge gourd, pumpkin, colocacea leaves.
Avocado, pineapple, custard apple, very sweet –sour fruit and very juicy fruits
most all the Red meats are avoided and egg yolk.
Nutmeg and salt
Apart of these mental and emotional peace and constructive lifestyle routines is important to restoring and maintaining balance your Kapha Dosha & Rajas – Tamash mental Dosha. Above diet chart are mostly Alkaline food or less acidic.